Do you ever wonder where the Republican party led by George W Bush comes up with its agenda? Back in 1950, everyone agreed that the John Birch Society was the epitome of extreme right wing theory. Tristero sums up the 5 point agenda for the Birchers here:
- The abolition of the graduated income tax.
- The repeal of social security legislation.
- The impeachment of various high government officials,
- The end to busing for the purpose of school integration.
- The end to U.S. membership in the United Nations.
Wow, isn't it interesting how closely this agenda maps to the Bush agenda? Bush isn't just "conservative", he is a right wing wacko. Too bad our official media doesn't think its worth connecting the dots anymore.
Okay, it's now your turn.