Thursday :: Dec 30, 2004
- Yearly rate of al Queda's expenses in Iraq, according to Ossama bin Laden - $14.1 million.
- Amount of tsunami aid George W. Bush initially promised U.S. would contribute to emergency assistance - $15 million.
- Tsunami aid initially pledged by Denmark - $15.5 million.
- Projected expenses, not counting security, of Bush's second inauguration in January- $40 million.
- Taypayer funds paid by Florida's Governor Jeb Bush for state's new 'People First' payroll software that can't calculate 2004 overtime pay owed to state employees until 2005 - $350 million.
- Hallburton's income from U.S. government contracts alone in 2003 --$4.2 billion.
- Amount of U.S. money given away to Iraqi ministries by the U.S. that cannot be accounted for - $8.8 billion.
- Amount of Iraq's pre-war debt U.S. seeks to persuade other nations to forgive - $120 billion.
- U.S. Costs of Iraq War to date - $147.6 billion and rising.
- U.S. projected Costs of the Iraq War per month beyond 2004 - $4 billion.
- Increase in aid to tsunami victims promised by Bush after impliedly being called stingy - $20 million.