Display Your Faith, Hypocrite!
Up to now, we progressive bloggers have been focusing on Dubai-yeah's worldly acts. Maybe we should be more concerned with his other-worldly acts.
As Cameron puts it [my bolds, his links]:
Ever since Bush's inexplicable inability to even come close to explain his thoughts on Christian eschatology, the Progressive blogosphere is beginning to come up with two theories about Bush's Christian faith. The first is that he is a hypocrite, the second is that he isn't a Christian in the first place. As a result, there has been some conjecture about trying to nail him on certain points of Christian belief.
And so, herewith, are my suggestions for questions:
1. Mr President, if you died tonight and stood before God, and he asked you "Why should I let you into heaven", what would you say to him?
2. Mr President, can you please give an example of how God has guided you during your time as president?
3. Mr President, do you think that sincere, devout and peaceful Muslims go to heaven when they die?
4. Mr President, do you think that God could forgive someone as evil as Osama Bin Laden? How?
5. Mr President, which is your favourite book of the Bible?
6. Mr President, when Jesus was on earth, do you think that he may have occasionally sinned?
7. Mr President, many sincere Christians think that Jesus didn't actually rise from the grave, what would you say to them?
[Questions © 2006 Neil McKenzie Cameron]
Those are the questions. How would George answer - assuming the Dark Lords who own his soul allowed him to speak?
Copyrighted [©] source material contained in this article is presented under the provisions of Fair Use.
FAIR USE NOTICE
This article contains copyrighted material, the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in my efforts to advance understanding of democracy, economic, environmental, human rights, political, scientific, and social justice issues, among others. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material in this article is distributed without profit for research and educational purposes.