Open Thread -- Top Reasons Bush Thinks Economy is a Good Issue
During George W Bush's Monday press conference, he proclaimed the wonders of the economy for the upcoming election.
"If I were a candidate ... I'd say, 'Look at what the economy has done. It's strong. We've created a lot of jobs. ... I'd be telling people that the Democrats will raise your taxes. That's what they said. I'd be reminding people that tax cuts have worked in terms of stimulating the economy," Bush told reporters at a news conference.
So, without much ado, here's the top 5 reasons Bush thinks the economy is good.
- His accountant tells him his personal portfolio is doing great.
- Everyone in his cabinet is doing really well.
- Republican contributors are really pleased with his economy, especially those oil company guys.
- When he's out there campaigning, people tell him what a wonderful job he's doing because they've never had it so good.
- And from his own lips: "I'd remind people that pro-growth economic policies had helped us cut that deficit faster than we thought," he said.
And, of course, as he has reminded us he is on track for cutting the deficit in half by 2009, because by then he will have declared the social security trust fund null and void. Walla! Half the deficit is gone!
What reasons do you think he's so bullish on his economy?
It's your thread.