Thursday :: Nov 23, 2006
Some readings for Thanksgiving day
A very happy Thanksgiving to you all.
Here are some links for you this morning.
- 21 Reasons to Give Thanks (by Think Progress)
- Bob Geiger's excellent summary of the outrageous Military Commissions Act (George Bush's and unserious, corrupt, incompetent, completely unprincipled, panderer and liar John McCain's No-Habeas-Corpus-and-Torture-R-Us Act of 2006) and what Sen. Chris Dodd (D-CT) proposes to do to correct this abomination; in this context, don't miss Glenn Greenwald's post on the abject hypocrisy and unAmerican behavior of the new RNC Chair
- The Onion once again pre-empts a Republican politician - Republican Richard Pombo (R-Extreme Corruption); some background here
- The so-called "Christian" Coalition shows its true colors - really, you have to see this
- Remember the Democrats' 100 Hours program and what it takes to sell this program
- An online "mockumentary" about the real estate market according to its producer Alec McNayr - Flipper Nation
- Academic freedom has survived the onslaught of the Far Right in PA; more on this here
- Finally, "Viscount" Monckton continues to make a fool of himself