Il Duce Emerges
by Deacon Blues
Donald Trump, yesterday:
An embattled Donald Trump urgently rallied his most visible supporters to defend his attacks on a federal judge's Mexican ancestry during a conference call on Monday in which he ordered them to question the judge's credibility and impugn reporters as racists.
A clearly irritated Trump told his supporters to attack journalists who ask questions about the lawsuit and his comments about the judge. "The people asking the questions—those are the racists," Trump said. "I would go at ’em."
Suggesting a broader campaign against the media, Trump said the campaign should also actively criticize television reporters. "I'd let them have it," he said, referring to those who Trump portrayed as hypocrites.
But today, The Donald says he won't talk about his fraud case or the judge any more, and that his comments were misconstrued:
Donald J. Trump, who said last week that a Mexican-American judge was biased against him because of his heritage, said on Tuesday that his remarks had been “misconstrued” and that he did not think that the judge’s ethnicity created a conflict of interest.
“It is unfortunate that my comments have been misconstrued as a categorical attack against people of Mexican heritage,” Mr. Trump said. “I am friends with and employ thousands of people of Mexican and Hispanic descent.”
So, after watching this slow-moving train wreck over the last week, we can conclude the following:
1. Donald Trump lies as easily as he breathes.
2. Donald Trump hates anyone who dares question him.
3. Donald Trump likes brown people as long as they work for him.
4. We can now clearly see how a Trump administration will treat the media and courts.
5. Most major GOP officeholders would rather stand with a racist tyrant than risk losing office.
6. No matter what BernieTV thought of what she said last week, Hillary effectively kneecapped Trump.
As more and more GOP officials sweat out the weeks running up to the Cleveland convention next month, we can watch a major political party implode right before our eyes. But never fear: the media will keep telling us that the Democrats have all the problems.